Dance Classes for Youth
Dance for All Bodies loves working with youth! We have hosted virtual youth dance classes over the summer and we want to continue offering them on an on demand basis. We want to encourage more youth with and without disabilities to come together, create and have fun. We want youth of all abilities to feel beautiful, confident and powerful in their bodies. We want to all youth to have access to the creative, self-explorative and expression tool that is dance. And we want all youth to access a fun physical exercise!
As DfAB, we are here to support you in organizing a dance class. We can organize either individual private virtual dance classes for youth at home or group dance classes for youth at a school, clinic or community center. These classes can either be for one time or at an ongoing basis. If you are interested in one of these options, scroll down to learn more about our programming.
What to Expect
An inclusive youth dance class with DfAB is a dance class where youth with and without disabilities can participate!
Our instructors will guide you through movements options. They will demonstrate and suggest moves, ideas and dance technique that you will use learn new rhythms and explore new parts of yourself.
We aim to make our classes accessible and inclusive to youth of all abilities; however we understand that this is not an all size fits all programming. Therefore we are always looking for ways to grow and improve our services to make sure we are really considering all abilities and bodies. If there are specific accommodations you would like us to provide, please let us know.
Length: Our dance classes are usually one (1) hour long, but we have also done 30 and 90 minute long classes.
Dance Class Styles: Our dance class offerings are in very unique styles such as, but not limited to, Flamenco, Urban Jazz and Brazilian dancing. We work with instructors with diverse backgrounds, not only in terms of their disability, but also in terms of the ethnic, cultural or racial perspectives they bring into their creative work. We will schedule a dance class based on your interests, availability and our instructors’ availability. Below is a list of all the different dance styles we offer, click here to learn more:
Contemporary Brazilian Dance
Age: Open to ages 7-17.
Closed Captions & ASL: We will have closed captioning available. Based on the needs of your community, we will also schedule an ASL interpreter for your class with an extra fee.
"What an amazing group of dancers, I am beyond grateful that I found this wonderful group where my child can follow the passion of dance in her own abilities, as a wheelchair dancer since day one she started sharing with her friends about the beautiful experience that she had on her Hip-Hop dance and Salsa Classes. Instructors are very professional, they pay attention on every detail such as captions, language translation, etc. Inclusion is what I had found in Dance for All Bodies." - Lennie Gonzalez
Are You Ready to Dance? Contact Us!
If you are ready to schedule a dance party with us, contact us here. Please give us at least two (2) weeks notice prior to the date you want to have the dance class to make sure we can schedule the class in time. In your contact form submission, make sure to address all the points below:
1- Date and time of when you want to have the dance class
2- The size of your group
3- How long you want the class to be
4- Preference for a specific style of dance
5- Any access needs we should be aware of
6- If you would like us to schedule an ASL interpreter for your event
7- If you would like to present about Dance for All Bodies or dance, disability and allyship at your event
7- Any other questions you have for us
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can youth who have never taken a dance class before, take these classes? Of course, our instructors always make sure to keep our classes beginner friendly so that all levels are welcome. If you are a more experienced dancer and are interested in focusing on a certain style of dance, that is also an option!
2. What if I am not sure of the style of dance class, can you help me? We encourage you to take a look at our website with the different Dance Styles listed as well as your YouTube channel with clips from some of our dance classes. If you are still uncertain on what style of dance you are interested in, we can help you! Just give us a call or email us at email@example.com
3. Can I organize a private ongoing dance class? Yes, our instructors would love to offer private classes too. Again, if you can mention your availability and more details on what you are looking for in this class, we will be able to connect you with the right instructor & type of class!
4. Can I organize a virtual dance class? Of course! We have currently transitioned to providing all virtual dance classes, so we will be ready to bring an interactive dance class to your audience.
5. Is there a limit on the number of people who can attend or a minimum? No minimums or maximums! We think that if you have a minimum of 10 people, that will be the most fun for you, but you can decide how many people you’d like to invite.
6. How much does a dance class cost? This will depend on our instructor’s availability, the frequency of the dance classes and the number of youth for the dance class. Please contact us to get a better understanding of the quote.
7. Can I send a playlist or songs suggestions? Yes, please do! You can either include that information in the contact form you fill out or you can email it to us at